Our annual Family Fishing Day is Sunday June 4, from 10:00 a.m.—2:00 p.m. at Barton Cove, with additional activities at the Great Falls Discovery Center, including fly tying and a guest fish or two on display from the S.O. Conte Anadromous Fish Research Laboratory. Join us for a day of FREE fishing fun. Adults and children of all ages are welcome. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Event is held rain or shine. Parking is free at each site.
At Barton Cove Campground: Barton Cove Road in Gill
- Free fishing from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Fishing equipment provided – limited supplies. Bring your own pole if you have it.
- No fishing license needed.
At Great Falls Discovery Center: 2 Avenue A
- Fly lure tying demonstrations.
- Come see a fish from the USGS Conte Anadromous Fish Research Lab
- CATCH THE FISH BUS HERE! Free shuttle bus to and from Barton Cove as needed from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
At Turners Falls Fishway: 15 First Street
- Fish printing – The art of Gyotaku, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 pm.