Join us for a day of FREE fishing fun. Adults and children of all ages are welcome. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Event is held rain or shine. Parking is free at each site. Ride the FREE Fish Bus shuttle between sites!
At Barton Cove Campground: Barton Cove Road in Gill
- Free fishing from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm!
- Fishing equipment provided – limited supplies available. Bring your
own pole if you have it.
- No fishing license needed.
At Great Falls Discovery Center: 2 Avenue A
- Fly lure tying demonstrations.
- Fly fishing casting demonstrations.
- Fish viewing from the USGS Conte Anadromous Fish Research Lab.
- CATCH THE FISH BUS HERE! Free shuttle bus provided to and from Barton Cove.
At Turners Falls Fishway: 15 First Street
- Fish printing – The art of Gyotaku, from noon to 2:00pm.
Thank you to all of our partners: MassWildlife, Western Mass Fly Fishermen, First Light, Turners Falls Fishway, Friends of the Center, and USGS.